Monday, February 2, 2009

Super Commercials for a Super Bowl

The Super Bowl has come and gone but the commercials will stick around forever. Here are my three favorites from this year:

I hate talking little baby commercials. They are almost ALWAYS creepy but somehow ETrade has managed to put together some of these commercials that are rather funny. This one just cracks me up, especially the line "I can't flex my golden pipes?" and then when he busts out singing again at the end of the commercial still makes me laugh even after multiple viewings.


OK, I think that Alec Baldwin is hillarious on '30 Rock' and he comes thru in this commercial. "What are you going to do? Turn off your computer and tv?"


This one also got a laugh out of me, especially the line from the lady in the backseat of the car with the pig, "How do you think we're doing?"


MacGruber 'commercials' have been on Saturday Night Live all year long but this is the one that also appeared during the Super Bowl. Extra note--the other guy in the commercial is McGyver:


To be honest, I was not too impressed with most of the commercials this year but it still got a few chuckles out of me.

3 comments:

Danno said...

Heeeey - what about the best ad??? You know - Jason Stathams Audi A6 ad. Don't you know someone who drives one of those. My favorite part is when he sighs in disappointment at the Lexus.

Brodi Ashton said...

I'm sorry, but babies should never talk. Okay, that doesn't sound right, but still!

Chelsea said...

ha! I love Alec Baldwin.

Missed the Superbowl, but thank you for catching me up on the quality commercials, Sam.