Thursday, February 19, 2009

Carter: 'A' . . . . . . . . . Sam: 'D-'

So, Carter brought home his homework yesterday. Being the fabulous dad that I am, I decided to help him work thru it. We did the first page with no problems. The second page was a different story. It had directions at the bottom of the page so I thought I knew what was happening. I explained to Carter how to do it: There were 3 coins in the problem and I told Carter to count the number of coins and circle the answer. He gave me a bit of a confused look and then circled the 3 cents number out of the answers because I told him to count the number of coins. I congratulated him. The next problem had 4 coins but there was no 4 cents answer at the bottom. I was perplexed just thinking that they messed up. Carter then said under his breath, "I need to count the number of cents, not number of coins" and he added up the nickel and 3 pennies and circled the 8 cents answer. He then went back to the previous question and crossed out 'my' wrong answer and circled the correct answer.

Egads, I would have frakkin' failed a kindergarten numbers assignment! My kid is also a genius in that even with my steering him in the wrong direction, he still knew what was right. I think I will give up trying to help Carter with his schoolwork and now focus my problem solving homework skills with Beckham, my 3 year old. I can't screw that up too much, can I?

6 comments:

janae said...

that is hilarious! I can only imagine what 1st grade homework is going to do to you:)

nielsons*love*family said...

wtg sam! kindergarten homework is VERY challenging! good luck w/9th grade math! (wink wink)

Brodi Ashton said...

Becks has already passed us, babe. Maybe we should focus on baby number three.

(who's up in heaven, screaming down to us, "You PROMISED me! You promised me!")

Amy said...

Apparently I better stop sending Zoe over there for math help.

Anonymous said...

LOL brodi!

eden said...

Between Beckham beating you at video games and Carter besting you in math--I have to admit, I am a little worried!