Monday, March 22, 2010

Transformers--part car, part motorcycle...a Carcycle

It was Indian food night on Saturday night so I drove out to get take out. On my way home, I saw a funky car/motorcycle thingy in a driveway, so I hurried and pulled over. As I got out my car, the couple in the driveway let me know that I was parked head on in traffic (I thought it was the shoulder of the road, not the 2nd lane of a 2 lane road). So, I jumped back in the car and pulled in to the driveway before I cause a huge accident.

So, for the fun part. I asked the couple what I was looking at--they told me that it is a motorcycle but with car parts. You have to have a motorcycle license to drive it and it is not available from any store in Utah. All I can say is that it was the coolest thing that I had seen in a while.


You could also purchase a top for it which I am assuming that it would make it look even more strange. The CD player and stereo are all in the trunk. They informed me it is the nicest ride you could ever have. They turned me down on my request to 'take it for a spin.' Oh well.

2 comments:

jamkmb said...

Sam, I always enjoy your blog. You have a great sense of humor and you come up with interesting random items. Keep up the good work.

John

samandbrodi said...

John--you are too kind. It is a bunch of random mumbling, but I am glad you stop by. I hope all is well. You guys coming back home sometime this summer?