Monday, October 24, 2011

Egads, Bees on the Loose

Few things scare me. Few things make me nervous. Except for Bees. For whatever reason, I see a bee come close to me and I will run away screaming like a little school girl. I was stung a lot growing up. Yes, the bee stings are relatively painful...but nowhere near painful enough to cause the reaction that I give when I see a bee come remotely close to me. I can't explain it, but a tiny little yellow bee scares me more than a zombie would if it was chasing me.

So, when I see that a semi truck hauling an estimated 25 million (yes, 25 MILLION!!!) bees overturns down near St. George, I break out in a cold sweat. Here is the terrifing article: KSL It is safe to see that I will not be traveling down south anytime soon. Seriously, 25 million bees? I bet half of them are killer bees. Not many escaped, but poor residents of St. George.

No comments: