Thursday, January 1, 2009

Random holiday stuff

We had a fabulous New Years Eve party at my sisters house where we eat food, we watch our nieces and nephews showing off their skills in a talent show and then we watch a real bad mormon cheesy movie. Mission Accomplished and it was a great time as usual.


So, I got a call from my buddy Brandon two weeks ago asking me to play in an open doubles Tennis tournament. I said yes simply because Brandon is a great player and I thought he would be able to carry me to glory. Well, we played in it and we won the tourney! We had some tough matches and we won the finals 6-4, 7-5. The biggest disappointment was not getting a Championship belt like they give in wrestling. I was wanting to wear one to work and around the house. I have put the trophy we won on display above our fireplace if any of you are wanting to come by and touch it though.

If anyone is interested, we would be happy to loan to you a 3-year old. The plan would be to loan him to you for about a year and then you could give him back to us when he turns 4. The other option is that we could drop him off at your house at 8am and then you could return him back to us around 7pm. If interested, give me a call.

My brother Josh and his family surprised the family by doing the 42 straight hour drive from DC and just showed up at my mom and dad's house announced. Fun to have them in town. Crazy of them to drive straight through.

After one of our matches, we went out with Brandon and Alissa to an ice cream place a few nights ago. Let me give you a couple of tips on when you should turn around and leave an ice cream store without ordering:
  • Nobody is there and its only 8pm.
  • You break out into a sweat when you enter the store because it is probably 95 degrees in there.
  • They serve mexican food. Yes, it is an ice cream store that will also whip you up a burrito.
  • Nobody is there and its only 8pm.
Yeah, we left without ordering anything.

Christmas with 27 nieces and nephews and 14 adults...well, lets just say, it was wild. There have been sleepovers, sledding excursions, games and other stuff. We need to all take a break now.

It is fun to see the Utes get to a big BCS bowl game and they play in the Sugar Bowl game tonight. Go Utes!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Now, who do you need a break from???

Go Utes!

Alissa and Brandon Owen Family said...

Wild! Wild! Wild! Was that not so fun? Go Utes. I'll have Brandon read it when he gets home. But, we do need to get together and reflect on each point.
lis