Friday, December 12, 2008

Music with an odd selection...

I really like music and I am lucky to have a wife that has very similar tastes to me in regards to music.

Early on in our dating relationship, Brodi took me to go see the band 'Live' up at Wolf Mountain, or whatever they call that place now. We loved it...it was a great setting and some terrific music. It was even more entertaining with the different people around us. There were all types of people, including the couple in front of us who were busy making out and doing just about everything possible this side of getting thrown in jail for indecent exposure (If I had a cigarette, I would have probably had offered it to them). But overall, great concert and a lot of fun and it became a clear indication to me that Brodi was the one as how cool was it to have a girl not only buy the tickets for that concert but to also like it and love the music?

We are also big fans of the band 'Everclear.' I had a chance to see them in concert in Salt Lake City as well as in Washington DC. We also met Art Alexakis, the lead singer of the band, at Disneyland of all places. I am a total idiot, but I went up to him at the Blue Bayou (restaurant there in Disneyland) and introduced myself. Just exactly what every lead singer of a famous band wants is some stinkin' MALE groupie coming up to him to tell him how much he likes their band. Now, if it was Brodi, I am sure it would have been awesome for him...but alas, it was me. He was very cool though, he made sure that I bought their newly released album and I controlled myself enough to not ask him for a hug.





So, my ipod is full of songs from Everclear, Live, Linkin Park, Metallica...are you seeing a trend here? I like music a bit on the harder side. But there is an exception band/performer. Ilike 'P!nk.' Yeah, nuts. But I have 4 or 5 of her songs (who knew...sober...Pill, among them) on my playlists and she has some great music. So, I guess she is my guilty artist pleasure.



With that said, I have a wide range of musical tastes from the bands that I mentioned above to 'My Chemical Romance' to 'Spoon' to 'Cat Stevens' to 'The Killers.' If you have any offbeat or guilty pleasures of music, let me know, as I am pretty open to trying different sounds.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I love Everclear! They have some serious issues. Their music got me through the dark times. I don't think it helped, but maybe it made me feel better about my life.When life gets you down turn on 'Wonderful' very loud and eat lots of junk food! Forget about paying for therapy!Everclear is the answer.
Amy

Anonymous said...

some new sounds/songs that I have recently found

Guster- Ruby Falls
Weezer- Trouble Maker (actually the the whole RED ALBUM)
SERIOUSLY!!!

Guilty pleasure songs.
Beyonce- Put a ring on it
Akon- Na na na
anything by Justin Timberlake

Brodi Ashton said...

Live: Awesome.
Everclear: Classic.

P!nk?: I really don't get it!

I remember taking you to that Live concert... Seriously, a good night.

jamkmb said...

Yellowcard
Breaking Benjamin (awesome!)
Angels & Airwaves
I like the older Linkin Park better than the latest CD
Cake
3 Doors Down
All American Rejects
The Killers

Also on my iPod:
Bob Marley, Lionel Richie, Evanescence, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Bruce Springstein, Daughtry, Santana, Toby Keith...

John