Sunday, September 28, 2008

Random Randomness

I am waiting to receive the Coach of the Year award. My team of neighborhood kids (7 of them are all kids in our neighborhood that all go to kindergarten together) is taking the Impact Soccer League by storm. My yelling, throwing things around on the field, etc. is starting to really pay off. We are now 4-0 with wins of 4-1, 2-0, 5-4 and 5-2 (though we are not keeping score). I may have to retire and finish with a perfect record. In the least, I should at least get some kind of cash bonus.

Did you hear that they just found a prime number with 13 million digits? This basically means that it is a number that can only be divided by 1 and by itself. So, numbers like 3 and 7 are prime numbers...but it gets harder and harder to find one as the number gets bigger. So, this prime number that has 13 million digits (at the left of this is a picture of the number, minus millions of numbers not printed)--think of it this way, if you printed out each number in regular 12-point type, it would create a number 30 miles long. Yeah, thats a big number. And its prime! And you all could care less. Imagine that pickup line in a bar--Yeah, my name is Sam and I found a 13million digit prime number, whats your sign?

Brodi and I entered in to a mixed doubles tennis tournament. We play our good friends, Brandon and Alissa. If they really value our friendship, they will let us win. We'll see if they do.

We went out to dinner the other night and had a very nice night of good food. We also had a very nice waitress. As we talked, we let her know that she looked like a twin of our friend Heather (sorry we haven't see you guys for a while!). We pulled up a picture of her and showed it to the waitress and she commented that they did look quite a bit alike. The waitress then let us know that a lot of people tell her she looks like some celebrities. We asked who--she told us Angelina Jolie and Jessica Alba. That would be cool to get a compliment like that and have no problem telling other people that--Now I just need to someone to say that I look like a cross between George Clooney and Brad Pitt because if that ever happened, I would tell EVERYBODY, ALL THE TIME. My ego would be so out of control.

2 comments:

Heather Hanks said...

HadSam & Brodi,
Hello! It has seriously been way too long. We think about you often and we love catching up on your blog. You two are seriously sooooo creative. You journalists make the rest of us sound so mundane. We really need to get together.
Love,
Heather & Judd

Anonymous said...

people tell me I look like Drew Barrymore when she gains weight