We had a great trip to South Carolina (with a bit of Georgia sprinkled in). We went up with Brodi's parents and Brodi's sister and her family. We spent 3 days in Hilton Head riding bikes, strutting our sexy stuffs at the beach, eating at the Salty Dog Cafe and just having fun.
We then spent a day in Savannah, Georgia walking around in a huge rainstorm. Savannah is cool with the real southern feel and we ended up having a nice lunch at the Mellow Mushroom.
After that, we headed up to Myrtle Beach for another 3 days where it was more beach time as well as going to an amusement park, playing in a kiddie swimming area and just staying active. Myrtle Beach is much more touristy, more crowded and crazier than Hilton Head but we were able to still find some good things to do. A lot of fun.
There are a few things that I did learn about though:
- 3 years living in Washington DC did NOTHING to prepare us against 97 degree 70% humidity.
- Gas was 20 cents cheaper on the East Coast as it is in the Intermountain region.
- 4-hour plane rides with a 2-year old was not as bad as I thought it was going to be.
- Miniature golf in Myrtle Beach is huge...incredible surroundings and setup, though the actual holes were pretty average.
- Paying for airline food, yes airline food, is crazy talk.
- Carter loves vacations, 'Can it be vacation forever?'
- 6 kids under the age of 9 can drink A LOT of milk...gallon after gallon after gallon.