Thursday, October 1, 2009

I was falling in love...now I'm only falling apart

Can it get any better than Bonnie Tyler's 'Total Eclipse of the Heart'? Years ago, I had the chance to perform this song with my little musical band over at the University of Utah. There were a couple of hundred people listening to us (I will save this story for another day) but we pulled out the 'Total Eclipse of the Heart.' Let me just say, there was not a dry eye in the crowd.

Here is a literal version of that song. Take a listen as it is very entertaining and very funny even though it cannot improve on the classic original song. And, as you will see, the feathered hair will never go out of style:


It would have been much better, I bet, if we had sung it this way.

3 comments:

Laura said...

THAT IS CLASSIC!!!

eden said...

I turned on the video and then walked away for just a second but I could still hear the music, and I thought to myself--"Wow, those words are even cheesier than I remembered." It took me way too long to realize it was a spoof.

samandbrodi said...

Laura--pains me to say, the spoof did a nice job of that song. With that said, we should probably leave the classic songs alone.

Eden--the original is not cheesy!! I hope you have a healthy respect for Bonnie Tyler and her talent.