Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My name is Sam

So, today, I decided to go to McDonalds for lunch (DON'T JUDGE ME!!). I decided to walk in and have a nice dining experience at the Golden Arches. I got to the counter and it was a nice looking girl in her mid 20s. She proceeded to smile and act very nice toward to me. Just a nice quick little conversation as I ordered my food.

Well, I finished my order and and then she asked me: 'So, whats your name?' I had to smile while thinking: holy crap, I am still one sexy metrosexual! Here I am a man in my 30s and I am getting hit on by a girl in her 20s. I began thinking that I could give her my name but if she asked for my number, well, I would politely refusethat would probably not go over well with Brodi. So, I told her "My name is Sam" feeling proud for two seconds...and then it happened, I heard another McDonald's cashier yell out: Steve, your order is ready!

Yeah, I put my head down in shame as I realized that this must be McDonalds new thing of making it more comfortable--calling us by our first names when giving us our food. Well, I changed my order to be a 'To Go' and I silently walked back to my car wondering where all my metrosexiness had gone. Don't feel too bad for me though, I drowned myself in fries and apple turnovers.

5 comments:

nielsons*love*family said...

LOL!! LOL!! LOL!!! LOL!!!

Brodi Ashton said...

If it makes you feel any better, I ask for your name all the time.

shellie said...

this made my already good day a very funny good day! lol! poor sam!

Laura said...

SO DANG FUNNY!!!

Melissa J. said...

sam, we need to talk about your nutrition habits... maybe over another milky way cake! j/k