Sunday, May 18, 2008

Carter, soccer star

Carter scored his first goal of the year on Saturday. It has been nice to see him decide that sitting down on the ground picking grass is not always quite as fun as running around kicking a black and white ball as hard as you can.

Carter was into this game and took a pass from his teammate Dustin and booted it hard at the goal...right when the ball crossed the line, Carter turned around looking very happy, but I have to admit, I wasn't there to celebrate with him--Right when the ball went in, I ripped off my shirt, tied it around my head and sprinted down the field where I slid on my knees in front of the boisterous crowd screaming 'GGGGGOOOOOOAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL!' I then did 2 back handsprings and tackled Carter to the ground.

My second season coaching ended in a tough 3-3 tie. Though we do not keep track because these are 5-year olds, my coaching skill showed through leading our team, The Bumble Bees, to a 2-3-2 record.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Bro