Monday, March 1, 2010

The Naked religion

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with the human body. But, I do have to say--I don't think I would have much interest in going to church every week buck naked. The Ivor Church in Virginia (link here) encourages people to go to church in the nude...in the buff...totally naked. As the pastor explains, 'If God made us that way, how can that be wrong?' I guess you can't argue with that. In fairness to the church, it is in a nudist colony so I guess it would be strange if they had to put on clothes, but still...

I can just see the announcement next week in my church, 'You are welcome to wear clothes but hey, it might be better to just leave those clothes home next week. Be you and be free!' Yeah, I probably wouldn't show up that day. But if I can lose another 10 pounds, then maybe, no wait...still not interested.

3 comments:

Laura said...

SO FUNNY! I know! Just talking with my hubby about this this past weekend! I said to him, "I'd hate to be the one cleaning those benches each Sunday!!" YUCK!!!

Inay said...

If people doesn't heard of lust maybe then....

But then.....God is a very sensible God....

He will not put brain on us if we are going to follow what every people will think and do.....

He knows...and so we have brain and heart...so us to know what is good and bad....

so always choose Good.....

samandbrodi said...

LT--ooh, yuck. I don't know whats worse, thinking of someone having to clean those seats...or knowing that those seats never get cleaned.

Inay--Choosing Good is good!