Thursday, June 4, 2009

Some random randomness

Summer is here and school is out. Carter is pumped to start 1st Grade next year...and he improved every term in kindergarten. Now, he gets to play with his friends, go swimming, play tennis, play his computer games and just run around for the next 3 months. He is very pleased. Beckham is happy because he gets to just follow Carter every he goes.

I had a tennis match on Wednesday night at Liberty Park (I won for all of those dying to know!). After the match, Brodi and I are walking to our car and a guy passes us. He was wearing one of those Hulk Hogan yellow shirts. So, kinda strange but different strokes for different folks. Anyway, he passes us and we both turn around and it really is one of those Hulk Hogan shirts with the pre-made tears in the back, so that a guy could just rip off his shirt whenever he needed to (click on the pic on the left to see it in its full glory). Brodi and I both looked at each other and grabbed our phones and silently chased after the guy to take a picture of the back of his shirt. We did not want to get too close because you don't mess with a guy wearing such an awesome kick arse shirt. The best part of it all? When he gets to his car, he drinks from his water bottle, tilts his head backward and spits/sprays/mists the water into the air with a full grunt. It was awesome! How cool is that? Now, I just need to find out where I can buy that shirt.

I think scouting can be a very good program for boys/young men. With that said, I never had much of an interest in scouting. I wanted to play sports and run around and it seemed that my scouting meetings were always about tying knots. Don't get me wrong though--I think scouting can be very valuable for kids. Anyway, the BSA just announced that overweight men cannot accompany scouts on hiking and camping trips unless they are within 30 minutes of a car--in case they need medical attention. So, the question is--do I make sure that I gain 50 pounds so that nobody is tempted to call me into scouting?

1 comment:

Brodi Ashton said...

Congrats on the tennis match. You rocked the house! If you had been wearing hot pink, I would have sworn you were Rafa.

That guy was hilarious. Funnier was the fact that we both, without speaking, grabbed our camera phones and started following him.

As for scouting, I vote for gaining the wait. Eat! Eat! Eat!