Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I promise, he is not sick - he just pukes

So, Saturday was a crazy day. We started it off by going to Costco to pick up things (such as 40 rolls of toilet paper, 20 rolls of paper towels, 4 ginormous containers of mayonnaise...I love Costco, and I am thankful to live in a house to find places to store all that stuff), then to the grocery store, then off to Brodi's book signing at Barnes and Noble, then up to the University of Utah to watch the basketball team lose again.

The problem with all of this driving is that we have a kid that gets car sick. Pretty much any big trip to California, Jackson Hole, Oregon, etc. usually involves one or two pukings from Beckham. Well, this Saturday, we had lots of stops and gos and Becks finally gave up. On our way to the Ute game, he tells me 'I'm pukey daddy, I'm pukey.' I pulled over on the freeway and he let it all out. Now, usually after he pukes, he is fine and back at it and Saturday, he seemed fine. We drove to the game and took our regular seats. Halfway thru the game though, he curled up in my arms and just laid down on me. He then got up and puked. Yes, at the game. I finally got him to the car where he was still sick and we got him home. After a few hours, he was fine...but I don't think I will win any father of the year awards or fan of the year awards after all of that.