Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Thanks to some random Sam who paid for my car insurance

I received my car insurance bill the other day and it was more than double what it usually is for my Scout. So I called in to my insurance broker and told them and they looked into it. After a couple of minutes, she gets back on the phone and apologizes and said that they hadn't filed all of the necessary paperwork and that I would be reimbursed. OK, no worries.




So, then I asked her to make sure that our new car was added to our insurance (I had called in about a month ago to add it and they said no problem). She looked into it and after a few minutes gets back on the phone and apologizes and says 'It appears we added your car to another person with your same name that lives in Utah County somewhere, but I have changed it back to you.' I laughed and asked if that other Sam has called in and complained about paying insurance for the past month for a car that he doesn't own...she laughed and said, 'Not yet, but I am sure we will be getting a call soon on it.'


The point of all of this - double check everything unless you don't mind some other person paying for your car insurance.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, who do I need to call to have my insurance royally screwed up? Seriously, you can't make this stuff up!

Sam said...

You gotta love it. I have learned to double check pretty much everything.