Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tennis, Injuries and getting Justified

I turned on my sprinklers this weekend. I did a quick run through of all of the watering stations to make sure that there were no leaks or problems...the valve box started gushing out water. Good times. Nothing like a broken valve to fix to start the summer. Some of the water got in the house, but I had turned off the outdoor water pretty quickly, so just a bit of water in the basement (thankfully, this pic is not of my house...but egads, how bad would that be?) The joys of home ownership.

I played in a tennis tournament last week. I realize that my body is not what it used to be. I played well and won my first three matches (played Thursday, Friday and Saturday) and I played in the finals on Monday, Memorial Day. Interesting sidenote--I played an old family friend from the Avenues that I had not seen in 25+ years. Anyway, during this match, I proceeded to make my shin splints worst, badly sprained my ankle and pulled my groin. Yep, I was pretty much the walking wounded. To make matters worse, I lost 7-6, 7-6.

It is the season finale of the tv show 'Justified' on FX. If you have not seen it then see if they will be showing a marathon of it or rent it this fall. It is a fabulous show.


No comments: