Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I am not cut out for 4th grade homework.  One of Carter's assignments was to make a cake of the state of Utah.  Anytime that a 4th grader gets an assignment to make a cake and start labeling it with candy pieces to represent mountains and rivers...well, I end up having to do a bunch of that work.  I am not good with cooking things.  We did not burn it even though I unnecessarily doubled the recipe.   But, we somehow pulled it off and I am pleased...and Carter ended up learning the geography of Utah as well as being full after eating the cake.  He got his 'A.'










We also got his spelling list for the week and I looked at 'homophone' and I had NO idea what that word was...I knew it looked familiar but I couldn't think of the definition.  I looked up homophone: is a word that is pronounced the same as another word but differs in meaning."  Yeah, I was a Communication major in college and I could not remember that word.  Oh well.  4th Graders are really smarter than adults.

No comments: